Submissions are welcome in English or Japanese in the following categories: Features, Mini Articles, Lesson Plans, What Can I Do Monday (activities).
Here are the guidelines:
1500-3000words. Ideally should include references.
Maximum 500 words on the theme of the issue. Should include a practical idea that can be used by teachers or that poses a question to get teachers to re-evaluate their teaching methods.
Maximum 1500 words. Explanation of activities should be included.
What Can I Do Monday?
Maximum 750 words. Should include a summary using the following categories: Activity Name, Language Focus, Aim, Materials, Time, Class size, Energy level (see the column for examples).
Format for Submissions
- All submissions should be sent in attached documents. We prefer plain text
files or Microsoft Word.
- All text should be aligned left. Spacing for paragraphs should be set to
zero (in MSWord you can set the paragraph spacing by selecting paragraph
on the pull-down format menu).
- Please separate paragraphs by using a single return between each paragraph.
- Between sentences use a single space (traditionally two spaces were used
with typewriters, but please, please use just a single space).
- Avoid indenting, especially the first line of paragraphs (in MSWord you
can set the paragraph spacing by selecting paragraph on the pull-down format
- limit formatting of the document to the use of bold and italics. Avoid
bulleted or numbered lists (in MSWord you can set bulleted and numbered
lists to none by selecting bullets and numbering on the format pull-down
menu). If a particular format is desired please write notes (e.g. "place
the following text in a box").
- The less formatting, the better.
PLEASE SEND all submissions and inquiries about submissions by email to the editor:
We look forward to hearing from you.